Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Push on through

I'm having a hard time writing tonight.  With the events in Boston yesterday, I cannot concentrate.  If you follow this blog, you know that I completed my very first marathon exactly one month ago today, so what happened at the Boston Marathon yesterday seems fresh, like something I can relate to.  In fact, it seems like something a lot of people can relate to. 

So, I tried to start a blog on how there's more than one way to write a query, just like there's more than one way to castrate a dog.  But, sorry, my heart's not in it. I feel disingenuous writing something so trite and mundane today.  Stay tuned for that in a week or something. 

I just feel sad.  A deep sad that's just sort of hanging around in my guts. 

But, people are saying there's a lot of good that's coming out of this.  People much more eloquent than I are able to bring positive thoughts to such a negative thing.  Like Patton Oswalt's Facebook note.  Or the silent run in Miami tonight to show support.  The runnersworld site has a large list of other tribute runs going on this weekend and other events to show support.  I'll be closely watching the DC running scene to see if anything similar pops up around here.  These things make me feel a little bit better.



So I will continue to watch the news as the investigation unfolds.  And I will continue to run, since I have a half marathon coming up in two weeks.  And I will have to get my head back in the game, since there are deadlines and real work that needs to be attended to.  And most of all, I will read the columns of Bostonians such as Scot Lehigh of the Boston Globe that show how tough, determined, and resilient these people are.  And we will push on through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment