Thursday, January 10, 2013

For the Love of Cat Videos

Just a quick late-week pop in here to share something I encountered in my swim through the internet ether the other day.  Am I the only one in the world who wasn't aware of the first annual Internet Cat Video Film Festival held last August!?
This contest, hosted by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, MN, encouraged people to submit their goofy, funny, zany cat videos for a shot at coveted internet immortality.  The winner was a haut black and white ditty titled, "Henri: Paw de Deux".  Very sophisticated indeed.  I can see how it beat the plethora of videos of kittens riding on top of Roombas.

I'll be sure to mark my calendar for the 2013 deadline.  I have actually directed and produced a little cat video myself a few years back.  This summer, it just may be time to retrieve it from the depths of YouTube home video sludge, dust it off, and bring it out for the world to see.  But perhaps I'll give you guys a sneak preview.

Some background: the star of the video is my cat Scabs.  She's about a million years old with a chronic but maintainable and non-painful skin condition of unknown origin (which is a nice way of saying she's half bald).  One tip: if you abhor the Pussycat Dolls, this may not be the video for you.

Scabs: The Lost Pussycat Doll


No comments:

Post a Comment